Make your administrative work on the Awareness training easier with AD integration. By integrating with your Azure AD, users from the AD will automatically be synchronised/added to the Awareness training platform. The employees will also be able to log on to the platform with their usual Office365 login.
Full AD integration consists of two parts:
Single sign-on (SSO)
When the user is added on the Awareness training platform, they will be able to log on to the platform with their Office365 information.
When a user is added to a specific group in your Azure AD, the user will also be added to the Awareness training platform. The user is assigned to a pre-set curriculum of courses and will receive an email with a link to the platform. The user can log on to the platform with their Office365 information.
- Integration can only be done with Azure AD. If you use regular Windows AD, it is sometimes possible to synchronise to Azure AD.
- Multifactor is supported in SSO.
- All users that need to be synchronised to the Awareness training platform must have their first name, surname and exchange account (e-mail) filled out in your AD. If any of this information is missing, the user cannot be added on to the platform, or be able to log on with SSO.
- Extra information from the AD can also be imported. This is typically the “Department” field, but it is also possible to import custom fields to the platform.
The process for setting up AD integration
- You must notify CyberPilot if you wish to use AD integration and appoint the IT employee, who is responsible for your Azure AD, with the task of setting up the AD integration for you.
- CyberPilot prepares the Awareness training platform for AD integration and lets the appointed IT employee know when it is ready.
- The IT employee receives instructions from CyberPilot and can then start with the set up.
- You coordinate with the IT employee on what users should be added to the Awareness training platform before the planned start.
- In practice, CyberPilot subtracts a list just before start-up and creates a manual upload of the users. We do this, as the upload of users will start the training and send a notification e-mail to the users. Because of this, the upload of the user list is delayed until the start-up day. It is not until after this, that the automatic daily synchronisation is set up.
- You will notify CyberPilot that the setup has been completed
- CyberPilot will test the setup and confirm that it is working as intended.
- You will then let CyberPilot know what date they wish to start up, and this will then be done on the date that you choose.
- Following the start-up, the AD integration will move over to operation and you will be responsible for setting up internal processes for onboarding/offboarding of your employees. It is typically the same IT employee that will be adding new users to the right groups in your Azure AD.